CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Amusement park

Last Thursday we went to a little amusement park with my Mom and her 4 little ones and my sister Brysha and her 10 children. We had a blast. There were so many rides for Carter (not so many for Noah, but there's always next year!) Carter got to ride with his cousins and the lines were short (I got to ride their roller coaster twice in a row with no lines!). You can't ask for much more. If you wonder why there aren't too many pictures of Noah, it's just because I took pictures of the kids on the rides and Noah wasn't tall enough to ride most of them. But he is so funny in places/environments he's not really comfortable with. He gets so solemn and won't crack a smile. He just takes it all in. But he really enjoyed the few rides he could ride. And Carter just ran around from ride to ride, wanting to ride them all.

I think we'll have to go again before the summer is over. Boy, what is summer without a trip or two to the amusement park?



The first ride we rode was the elephant ride. Noah was looking very suspiciously at me as the ride first got started. What have you gotten me into this time, Mom?

Daddy and Noah waving to Momma as they go round.


I loved this expression on Carter's face when the elephants first lifted into the air. Priceless!




Here Carter and Noah get ready for a train ride with their cousins Eralyne and Bryliegh. (And by the way, I know I've probably misspelled their names, but if Brysha would give her children easy to spell names, we wouldn't have this problem!)


Here Noah is staring at his crazy Momma, wondering why she is moving around trying to get pictures. This was a really slow ride. It started out with a huge noise which scared Noah but once he realized no one else was scared, he was fine.


Hmm, what object in this picture doesn't go with the others? I'll give you a hint -- it's got about 3 feet on every body else. I felt so silly next to all these little kids! But I looked at this ride and thought, "Oh it's not very high. Carter will love it and it won't be scary." Well, I got half of that right. Carter did love it but it was very scary to me. I couldn't believe what a chicken I've become. It was still a lot of fun and we both just laughed and laughed. I was trying to maneuver my hand so I could hold on to his but really he didn't need any comfort. He was just fine. The comfort would have been more for me!


Carter loved this ride so much, Dan went on it again with him. It definitely had to be Carter's favorite ride of the night. Noah wanted so badly to ride this ride but he was too short. He rushed the gates at one point and got up to the operator before I could grab him (the ride hadn't started yet, of course.) He threw such a fit! I


Carter and one of his favorite cousins Eralyne get ready to ride the flying swings. They nervously get ready for take off.


They soared through the sky and Carter didn't get scared for a minute. He is such a daredevil.



The teacup ride was one of the few that Noah could ride. His cousin Tabitha rode with him and he was very territorial over that teacup's steering wheel. He rode the ride twice and loved it!


Carter getting ready for the teacup ride. And like all the other rides, he had a great time. His cousin Tasha rode with him.


At the end of the day, we decided we just had to ride the Viking ship as a last hurrah. Noah was too short to ride it (and boy, once again he was mad!) This was the only ride Mom rode, so I had to ride it. Carter loved it, but it went so high I got a little nervous and held on tight to him. My little niece Eralyne got really scared. You can see her holding on tight to her big sis Tasha right behind Mom and me.



Mom and I just kept looking at each other asking, "Why oh why did we do this?!" We got really ridiculously scared. (Of course, it's a deliciously scared feeling so that's why we did it! Anne of Green Gables certainly would have done it. I mean, what's an amusement park ride compared to walking the ridge of a roof?) And you can see my nieces and little sisters in the background. Tabitha is doing some weird battle cry in the last row.

8 comments:

Anonymous

So Jealous. your weekend looked so much more fun than ours. That picture of Noah and Tabitha in the teacup is priceless. I have seen that possessive look out of my Ruby. Loved the swings picture with Carter. Looked very high. I am surprised Noah was too short for the rides because he looks as tall as Carter.

Love,
Marsha

Natasha and Jesse

That looks like such fun! I love all the pictures of Carter and Noah, they are so cute!

Natasha and Jesse

Where's your memory post? Anyway, here are my memories: I loved receiving your letters while I was on my mission. They were so fun to read and helped me to not be quite so homesick.
Also going to the temple when your boys were sealed to you and Dan!

Lynette News

I love you blog...you certainly make your life sounds blast...carter is ever so silly and noah throwing a fit does crack me up.

Anonymous

the boys are so cute as usual... and I love that you referenced Anne of Green Gables - too funny!

-Carrie

Kelly

Hey Holly!! IT's Kelly Ortman- I found you blog as I was leaving a comment on Laura's!! Your blog is so cute- what great pictures of the park with your adorable boys!! It sounds like you had an awesome summer- they boys are just amazing! You are brave to ride that ride, by the way!
You can check us out if you want.
http://dkalcortman2007.blogspot.com
Have a great day!!

Krista

Perfect picture of Mom...whenever I need a laugh I go onto your blog and look at Mom on that Viking ship and crack up! But you have stiff competition on the funniest blog now that JoJuan is updating hers. She's got Aeven and her nice little quips that are really hard to beat! I love you all! Mom and Dad plus Mary are coming up maybe at Thanksgiving. Maybe you could take a road trip too?

JoJuan

How come I never got invited to that park? It looks like so much fun! Next time I come we should got there.