
Happy 4th of July! We celebrated by taking the kids to a parade and then watching the fireworks. We had a great spot to view them and it was gorgeous watching the fireworks explode over the river. The boys loved it! They got to eat junk food and stay up late. What's not to love? I didn't get pictures of the fireworks, but I did take some from the parade, so enjoy!

Carter hanging out with the "big" kids at the parade. He felt pretty proud of himself.

Noah kept trying to run off, so we had to keep a firm grip on him until he got some candy. And then, he was quite content to sit and hang out. It took him a good 15 minutes to eat that sucker and it took me a good 15 minutes to find a garbage can to throw the stick away!

What's a parade without being on Daddy's shoulders?

Daddy and Carter goofing off between parade floats. Carter figured out pretty soon, though, that you couldn't run after candy if you're on Daddy's shoulders. I've got to say, though, that Carter was very non-aggressive. He didn't scramble after the candy. He just stood there and watched as kids fought over candy. Then he'd cry that he didn't get any candy and a "big" kid would give him some. It worked like a charm for him, every time.
"I am your brother, best friend forever." That's right, you American Idol fans, it's Renaldo, complete with his white costume. Apparently, this is the best known "celebrity" our city can afford. I'm not complaining, though. Dan and I were laughing so hard once we realized who it was, I almost missed my photo op. But I chased down the float, and whoo-hoo, here's Renaldo! Enjoy! (If you didn't see the American Idol episodes with Renaldo, you really must you tube them.)



1 comments:
We love seeing the photos and hearing your tales. Just one question, why are we not on your favorite blogs and websites?
Love,
Larry & Marsha
Post a Comment