







We went to the Air Force air show last week. We met some friends there and the boys had a ball. The first time a plane went overhead, though, Noah started crying and covering his ears. After his initial fear, though, he loved it and would say "Again!" after they flew by. Their favorite was probably the Stealth bomber, but who doesn't love that? Carter insisted on using the mini binoculars his friend had each time a plane went by. He'd go around yelling for his "eyes" when he heard a plane in the distance. I'm not even sure he saw the planes when they went by because I don't think he had those binoculars ever pointed in the right direction!
When the fireworks went off for the first time, Carter had been playing with some friends a few feet away from me. He took off crying and running blindly through the crowd yelling for me. I had to run after him and scoop him up. Like Noah, though, once he was secure, Carter loved them and both boys would ooh and aah along with the crowd. So cute!
Dan and I ate way too much fair food but that's part of the fun, I guess. Noah was so excited to have Starbursts for the first time, that he kept trying to eat it with the wrapper still on. The Charlie Daniels band played and all the kids danced around to the fiddle in "The Devil Went Down to Georgia," wearing, of course, their glow sticks. (I must admit I danced around with them! It calls to the Kentucky girl in me, I guess!) It's definitely summer time!



0 comments:
Post a Comment