CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday, Carter!


Carter turned 5 today. It brought back all those memories of being so nervous and scared and meeting our little baby boy for the first time. I fell instantly in love. I can remember driving back to OH, amazed that we actually had a baby in that carseat. Here are just a few things I love about you, Carter:

1. How you tell me randomly throughout the day that you love me and miss me while you're at school.
2. That you still love to cuddle with me and a minute later, you're wrestling with Daddy.
3. When you ask for things and get a "no," you just say, "Maybe tomorrow" in response.
4. How you kiss my belly and then pretend the "baby" in your belly is kicking you, too. And of course, I can't forget your sympathy pains when I was so nauseated. You carried around your puke bowl just like I did.
5. How you insist the baby will be born by coming down my leg and out my foot.
6. How your hair gets so crazy in the mornings.
7. Your laugh.
8. How gentle you were with me while I was so sick this winter, massaging my feet, putting blankets on me, and giving me kisses and hugs.
9. That you are such a good big brother, always watching out for Carolina and Noah.
10. How you proudly list our names "Daddy, Mommy, Carter, Noah, and Carolina", and say happily that we're a family.

Happy Birthday!





0 comments: