1. All the adults calling Carter the "land shark" (if you're not a Saturday Night Live fan, you might not get it!)
2. Noah periodically deciding he needed a rest and proceeding to stretch out in the middle of the sidewalk as if he had nowhere to go, and thereby pulling a Moses as he parted a red sea of candy hungry little kids who either had to go around him or step on Nemo.
3. Carter deciding he would sneak a red sucker into his mouth (even though I told them no candy until they got home) and staining his shark teeth a very realistic blood red. A nice touch, I thought.
4. Wondering who got the shark costume next? Mary?
5. Noah getting so excited over the candy that he'd squeeze it in his hand until it was pulverized. I mourned the loss over quite a few Milky Ways.
6. Holding my boys' hands and thinking it wouldn't be too long before they'd be too grown up for holding Momma's hand.
7. Trying and trying to get a picture of the boys together. The picture below is unfortunately the best we got! At least Dan was looking at the camera.
8. Picking out the best candy for myself. Yea!
Happy late Halloween!







4 comments:
You and JoJuan are really putting my year with the shark costume to shame! I love that you had Noah as Nemo! I really like your list of your halloween memories...made it worth the wait. Isn't it fun to think about when our kids are a bit older and making up their own costumes? I don't think anyone will ever top Zombie sheep though. Great job Holly!
I totally didn't get Nemo plus the shark until now. How cute. But at the same time, I'd be the one saying, "Land shark," and thinking how hip I am. And one of these times, I'm going to do a list like you. I really enjoy it. I'm glad you guys had fun trick or treating. Childhood is almost more fun when you're an adult.
Carter has such a contagious smile. The whole time I am reading your blog, I am smiling because of his cute pictures. I always scroll to see pictures first. I am addicted to pictures. Very cute little boys. You guys are so blessed.
They look adorable in their costumes!! Wasn't it awesome that we had the most perfect weather?! I loved this halloween!!
Better late than never with the late post! Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment